Procurement Business Partner
This is an exciting new role, which will impact all areas of the Council as we seek to rapidly introduce and implement Category Management to identify and deliver significant savings (target 5% of £300M) including cost avoidance and process efficiencies. The business partner will be the professional lead for procurement in conjunction with the Chief Officer.
* To ensure that DMBC maximises the value from its 3rd party spend of £300M
* To directly manage a small team of procurement officers.
* Matrix manage in a complex and fractured environment all other officers involved in procurement across the Council, ensuring professional competence and compliance with Contract Standing Orders. Ensuring that all procurements are undertaken in a professional and uniform manner.
* To support/lead the professional training of all officers involved in procurement across the Council using the passport to practice approach.
* To support all budget holders, senior managers and Members to understand their role, responsibilities and boundaries in procurement in a public sector organisation, including Standing Orders and EU procurement legislation (whilst relevant).
* Ensure that all (including self) are fully up-to-date with the latest knowledge, trends and opportunities.
* Work closely with the Chief Officer to develop a robust and relevant procurement strategy
* Develop a forward plan of Category reviews of key spend areas to identify savings opportunities (collaborating with other authorities where possible)
* Deputise for the Chief Officer
* Modernise and simplify all procurement processes, templates and systems.
* Develop and monitor a set of performance Indicators for use across the Council to monitor the professional, efficient and compliant delivery of procurement.
* To lead on the delivery and reporting of Social Value via the Social Value portal, including from the Council's own activities.
* Lead and manage the Social Value delivery group.
* Ensure the Council maximises its delivery of Social Value
Support Chief Officers, commissioners and procurement officers to maximise the delivery of Social Value
* Support the Chief Officer as lead for procurement.
* Working with the Chief Officer support the development and delivery of a Procurement strategy to ensure that Best Value is delivered from the Councils £300M spend.
* To deliver the above, the post holder will be accountable for the development, maintenance and reporting of a One Council contract register and spend analysis
* Be responsible for the Procurement pipeline, ensuring that procurement decisions are properly made following the Councils gateways and ensuring that sufficient resources are available and that negotiations are held for any contracts to be extended to ensure the delivery of additional savings/value/innovation.
* Ensure that opportunities to identify and deliver additional value are taken in a timely manner.
* Be responsible for the Procurement initiative tracker, for the monitoring of, and reporting the delivery of savings, benefits and value from Procurement activity.
* The post holder will be responsible to support procurement officers across the Council to ensure the Councils compliance with Procurement Legislation, the Transparency Code, Contract Standing orders, and gateways.
* The post holder will also have responsibility for the compliance monitoring and reporting of the whole Council.
* Work closely with Audit Services to identify areas for inclusion in the annual audit plan and working with Audit Services and service areas to deliver the agreed improvements as a result of audit.
* Working closely with Audit and Finance to ensure that reporting is accurate and complete.
* Introduce category management and undertake a programme of category plans in agreement with the Chief Officer. Develop category sourcing strategies to deliver savings, efficiencies, manage demand and innovation.
* Responsible for the Spend and contract dashboard. Working closely with Finance to ensure that the Councils Spend analysis is accurate.
* Supporting, coaching and matrix managing others undertaking procurement across the whole Council.
* Professional representation of Dudley MBC to provider markets and supply chains where appropriate.
* Manage the procurement process to maximise process efficiency.
* Encourage and support quality service delivery of Procurement Services through continued transformation and service improvement initiatives.
* Ensure anticipated benefits and value are delivered by leading and supporting contract management and strategic supplier relationship programmes especially of high value and high risk contracts.
Professionally qualified in procurement CIPS qualified (or equivalent) or relevant technical qualification at degree level, or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline in the public sector.
Evidence of a strong commitment to further accredited professional development
Proven Category Management, commercial skills and expertise of delivering efficiencies
Experience of identifying and delivering significant savings
Substantial understanding of procurement and efficiency requirements within the Public Sector, including the principles of achieving best value without compromising on service delivery
Experience/knowledge of operating within local government environment
Ability to operate outside current thinking and traditional approaches to develop innovative commercially advantageous procurement solutions
Experience of managing spend analysis and contract register to identify opportunities
Experience of leading Competitive Dialogue and Negotiated
Please fill in the form, upload your CV to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in track you application and setup Job Alerts.