Process Technologist - West Midlands - to c£34k neg dep exp
Our client is a market leader in the FMCG sector and supply household name retailers on a global basis. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Process Technologist to complement their established and professional team.
Based near Walsall in the West Midlands and reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful Process Technologist candidate will be responsible for supporting the launch process of new portfolio items, including production trials, ingredient reviews and the generation of associated factory paperwork. Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
* The management and organisation of factory trials in line with internal and customer critical path requirements coordinating across functions as appropriate.
* Ensuring ingredients and packaging for the trials are in place, are fit for purpose and in line with or surpassing customer expectations, and providing decision making input on ingredients, packaging and overall product quality
* Carrying out production trials including the evaluation of product packaging, quality and organoleptics, and detailing clear communication of the trials, outcomes and next steps as appropriate including Statistical analysis.
* Product shelf life and nutritional testing to be complete in line with critical path.
* Factory launch manufacturing paperwork preparation including QAS for all processing stages.
* Following the NPD pathway to ensure successful launches and capture areas for improvement, and co-ordinating supplier visits for trials, pre-production trials and launches as required.
* Completion of Retailer Specifications.
* Smooth implementation of new equipment into the manufacturing process, liaising with engineering, operations as appropriate ensuring health & safety and food safety compliance.
* Liaising with and attending supplier visits to problem solve processes, ensure fit for purpose and oversee production runs.
* Gaining a full understanding of the costing model and assessment of trials in terms of labour and material compliance and conducting process validations for both new and existing processes in line with internal policies and procedures.
To be considered for this exciting Process Technologist opportunity with an internationally renowned market leader, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified in a relevant food related qualification and demonstrate proven experience of food processing / chilled foods environment and significant evidence of understanding of food safety issues. With good attention to detail coupled with the ability to work at fast pace within an often pressurised environment, you will possess excellent communication skills at all levels and be comfortable in working both autonomously and as part of a team, and essentially able to deliver a line trial in liaison with operations, NPD and technical, ensuring appropriate critical path management whilst being able to anticipate issues, correct in advance of manifestation, respond to developments appropriately and involve the right people at the right time.
Contact the Manufacturing Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on (phone number removed) or email your cv in confidence to (url removed) for further details